Teaching is something that has always been in me. Call it oldest child syndrome, first chair clarinet disorder, control issues... whatever, I'm a teacher. Not only do I teach my three girls at home, but I've worked with women all over the world to build their brand, their skill, and their confidence to take the next step in their photography journey. So far I have stuck to mentoring online via Skype (which I still plan to do plenty of next year!) but in 2015 I'm going bigger.
This next year I am excited to be hosting two workshops in my beautiful hometown, Rockport, Texas to walk with you side by side and give you all that I can in our short time together. We'll watch the sunrise over the bay, get to know each other, photograph some beautiful mamas, laugh, cry, eat (a lot), and wish we had more time together.
These workshops will go beyond the basics getting to know your camera (must own and be comfortable shooting in manual mode on your DSLR camera) and focus on fine tuning your artistry and business:
- We will spend the morning getting to know each other over coffee and breakfast at the beach
- we will assess where your business is and talk about where you want to go from the pictures you are taking to the money you are making.
- We will talk about acquiring the client you want, preparing them for your session, and covering yourself legally.
- During lunch we will get some alone time reflect on what we've learned and shared
- After lunch we will photograph a beautiful mama and her babe in a gorgeous canal side home. We will cover organic styling, posing, finding light, and working at the client's pace.
- After that we will head to the water to photograph a real life amazing rambunctious family
- We will head to dinner after our family session at a local, adorable, amazing restaurant in town (dinner is covered in your fee)
- After dinner we will head back to the gorgeous canal side home to talk about the hard stuff. The mom/wife/own person plus business lady problems. The time management, the priorities, the reason that we are so passionate about this work that we do.
- Sunday we will wake up, have a sweet time of worship (for those interested, otherwise, more sleep for you!) and get back to work talking about post production and fine art products.
Your fee will cover your lodging, dinner on Saturday night and lunch on Sunday afternoon. Lodging will be cozy (2 to a room) in a beautiful home here in Rockport. There are only 8 seats for each workshop.
So, are you ready? Email me at email@example.com with any questions (spoiler alert, I have payment plans available) and let's get started.