We've had a very, very busy day today!
Lots of cleaning, prepping, digging in the garden. But it's been good!
Thanks to our AMAZING friend, Heather, our family now has a dehydrator! I've been experimenting like crazy. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
SO, here's what we are cookin this week :]
****OHMYGOSH for about 3 minutes I couldn't find my meal plan...I almost died. I do meal plans by the month...FOUND IT!****
- Steamed egg yolks [go here to see more on how to prepare]
- Fruit or veggies steamed
- Steamed eggs with fruit
- Omlet with homemade soaked wheat rolls
- Soaked Oatmeal
- Soaked Muesli
- Soaked Panckakes [SO good, we served them last week with Amish butter and raw, local honey and steamed fruits. It was very filling! We used the recipe right out of NT because I didn't really like most of the ones I found online]
- Soaked Dutch Baby Pancakes [So far, this is Eamon's favorite "soaked" recipe]
- Fried Eggs with Homemade yogurt
- Salad w/pan fried fish [talapia, flounder, or salmon]
- Fish [the same mentioned above] with brown rice and steamed veggies
- Hummus plate [chic peas soaked for 24 hours and cooked in the crockpot over night. VERY tedious, but noticeably tastier.
- Laver [nori]
- dehydrated fruits and veggies
- sweet potato fries
- brown rice crackers [Lily is LOVING these]
Monday: Roasted veggies with macarroni and salad
Tuesday: To the Brownings for supper and Lost [there was NO Lost last week and no one told us, there were riots in the streets I tell you].
Wednesday: Persian Black Eyed Peas
Thursday: Fried brown rice with shrimp
Friday: Creamy Tomato Soup with Israeli cous-cous.
Saturday: Pizza [the regular crust is back after being berated by E about tampering with our "perfect pizza dough"...]
Sunday: Angel Hair pasta with feta and broccoli.
What's going on in your kitchen this week?
Thank you all so much for the encouraging comments, emails, and phone calls concerning my last post. It was overwhelmingly sweet :]